The “Shootout” is an individual competition of driver & boat against the radar gun for “Top Gun” bragging rights. Racers are divided into 13 classes depending on engine, boat configuration and include a Fun and Powder Puff classes.
From a standing start, registered boats will attain maximum speed over a 1,000 foot by 100 foot, buoy-marked course and have their speed recorded by radar gun at the finish line. There will be a 300 foot “slow down zone” following the radar course. Drivers can pass by the finish line boat on their way back to shore to see their time immediately after their run.
Safety is our primary concern. On-water enforcement of safety issues will be provided by the Three Lakes Police Water patrol and Shootout safety personnel. In addition there will be a team of rescue divers with appropriate medical (EMT) staff & ambulance adjacent to the course during the entire event.
Shootout/Radar Run Events
Friday, June 19,
- Early registration begins for all drivers (location to be announced)
- Optional Boat tour of Chain of Lakes (start location to be announced)
Friday, June 19, 5 p.m.
- Driver Registration opens (location to be announced)
- Cy Williams Park in downtown Three Lakes
- Boat launch is west of park (more details forthcoming)
- Racer pit parking information to be announced.
- Spectator viewing at the park, along with food and beverage sales.
We have attempted to make free viewing a top priority for the public’s benefit. There will be free parking at the site with bleachers to make viewing easier.