The “Shootout” is an individual competition of driver & boat against the radar gun for “Top Gun” bragging rights. Racers are divided into 12 classes depending on engine, boat configuration and include a Fun class.
From a standing start, registered boats will attain maximum speed over a 1,000 foot by 100 foot, buoy-marked course and have their speed recorded by radar gun at the finish line. There will be a 300 foot “slow down zone” following the radar course. Drivers can pass by the finish line boat on their way back to shore to see their time immediately after their run.
Safety is our primary concern. On-water enforcement of safety issues will be provided by the Three Lakes Police Water patrol and Shootout safety personnel. In addition there will be a team of rescue divers with appropriate medical (EMT) staff & ambulance adjacent to the course during the entire event.
Shootout/Radar Run Events
Friday, June 24;
- Early registration begins for all drivers inside Anchor Marine
- Optional Boat tour of Chain of Lakes begins at Sunset Grill about 1 pm.
Friday, June 24, 5 p.m.
- Driver Registration opens at SpiritView Lakeside (formerly Bonnies Lakeside Restaurant on Hwy 32
- Race boats on Display for the public, Outside Bar, Live entertainment at 9 pm at SpiritView Lakeside.
- Racers pit next to Anchor Marine
- Boat launch and race course on south end of Big Stone Lake
- Spectator parking on Connors Rd. Free Shuttles to Grounds
- Food and beverages available for purchase all day.
- Ride With the Racer Raffle at approximately 1pm
- Awards ceremony at 5:30 at Anchor Marine.
We have attempted to make free viewing a top priority for the public’s benefit. There will be free parking at the site with bleachers to make viewing easier.
Registration per boat will be $80.00 which entitles the racer to three passes on the course for each class entered. Registration is cash or personal check only. Registration fee includes a Three Lakes Shootout Driver shirt, pit pass for one tow vehicle, driver wrist band, and boat numbers. If a race boat has a permanent number, we will try to honor that number during registration.Racers who wish to enter a second class will be charged another $80. Extra runs will again be available for purchase at $20 for three runs during the racing day at the scoring table. Registrations will be accepted Friday evening at SpiritView Lakeside from 5 to 8 pm and at Anchor Marine on race day from 8am until driver meeting at 10:30 am.
Trophies and plaques will be awarded for first, second, and third place in each class.